blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here

:{ Eve's Handbasket }:

Where am I and why am I in this handbasket? Purpose? "To stimulate any sort of thought in any sort of way about any sort of thing."
:: Welcome, you have found yourself in Eve's Handbasket. If you are confused go back to the Beginning | Contact | Site Feed | Home ::
[:{..linx..}:]
CNN
FOXNews
CBC (Canadian News)
BBC News
AlJazeera
C-Span
LiveLeak
Center for Public Integrity
National Security Archive at GWU
UnderReported.com
Back to Iraq
Baghdad Burning
Tehran Globe
Pravda (Russian News)
Drudge Report
BuzzFlash
World News Network
Air America Radio
Rush Limbaugh
Take Back the Media

:: Friday, August 05, 2005 ::

Never again? How the war in Iraq spurred a new nuclear arms race

That's right Virginia, WWIII is inevitable. As things stand now, that's all there is to it... a matter of time.

I know, such harsh and crazy things to say, but we can't beat around the bush anymore. No matter your political or religious persuasion it's time for us all to reevaluate our place in humanity and our responsibility to our future generations. This course that the world is on can not and will not work. The longer we ho-hum along, the further we spiral into peril, despite what every one of our religions taught us. There are over six billion of us and not a one wishes to die, yet we perpetually teeter on the edge of complete annihilation.

What the @$#! is happening here?

I guess a few bad apples really do spoil the bunch.

Don't let 'em do it. It's not the 1940's anymore.

"It is not known with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -- Albert Einstein

Such dark and depressing ruminations for a Friday evening, I think we should end with a song, and then forget about it until Monday... maybe it'll sort itself out. ;)


Kiss Me, Son of God by They Might Be Giants

I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage
Called the blood of the exploited working class
But they’ve overcome their shyness
Now they’re calling me your highness
And a world screams, kiss me, son of god

I destroyed a bond of friendship and respect
Between the only people left who’d even look me in the eye
Now I laugh and make a fortune
Off the same ones that I tortured
And a world screams, kiss me, son of god

I look like jesus, so they say
But mr. jesus is very far away
Now you’re the only one here who can tell me if it’s true
That you love me and I love me

I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage
Called the blood of the exploited working class
But they’ve overcome their shyness
Now they’re calling me your highness
And a world screams, kiss me, son of god
Yes a world screams, kiss me, son of god

:: Damien 8/05/2005 [+] ::
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?